RELEASE: Moon III
ARTIST(S): Zoot Woman, Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert
AVAILABLE FORMAT: 863Kbps, FLAC
DOWNLOAD SIZE: (190.55 MB)
TOTAL TRACKS 9
- Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – Sparkling Inc. (04:34) , 100
- Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – Enjoy (Extended) (03:18) , 126
- Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – Erde (04:31) , 120
- Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – The Other Room (01:58) , 129
- Zoot Woman, Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – Something Unique feat. Zoot Woman (Extended) (03:15) , 123
- Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – Devoirs (03:05) , 123
- Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – FD Kurz (04:12) , 126
- Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – Paradise (Visions. ’98) (04:50) , 93
- Iron Curtis, Johannes Albert – Valves (01:23) , 98
Total Playtime: 00:31:06 min
Mission three: Iron Curtis and Johannes Albert continue their lunar LP series with another startling cosmic voyage including a docking manoeuvre from Zoot Woman ‘Moon III. Ready for take-off?
Marking 11 years of collaborating together, five years since their inaugural ‘Moon I’ album and two years since the German analogue-loving duo’s sophomore trip into space ‘Moon III’ is their most ambitious and all-encompassing LP to date.
Once again a celebration of every shared passion and inspiration; this third lunar instalment rockets around their unique musical cosmos with a vibrant post-lockdown sense of adventure and freedom. Taking in elements of French house, alt-pop, Italo, electro and generous helpings of contemporary NYC disco along the way, it’s a trip that never sits still yet never loses sight of its focus.
Hold on tight as we zoom from epic moments such as the Falke/Bangalter-like euphoria of ‘Enjoy’ to the Kraftwerkian contrasts and brutalism of ‘FD Kurz’, or the understated French pop and distinctive Casio CZ 3000 blasts of ‘Devoirs & Other Room’ to the tongue-in-cheek charm and sprightly Marcellus Pittman behaviour of ‘Erde’.
Elsewhere the two treat us to some of their most dramatic and theatrical compositions so far with the light-to-dark voyage ‘Paradise (Visions ’98)’ and their exceptional collaboration with the eminent popsters Zoot Woman ‘Something Unique’. A vital and emotional pop jewel in the cosmic crown, it’s a sign that the duo’s small steps are becoming giant leaps with every album.
With plenty more to explore along the way, this is a trip you’ll never want to end… And a trip that we hope continues in the future. Gute Reise und auf Wiedersehen.
Adam Carter, March 2022//